Aeroseal Technology Now Available for Greater Efficiency and Better Air Quality
With spring fast approaching, homeowners need to prepare and start saving energy by getting the best out of your heating and cooling system. Here are a few HVAC energy efficiency tips to help save money with your heating and cooling equipment. We’re also excited to share the news of a new service – Aeroseal duct sealing. Once you’ve read the blog, give us a call. We’re happy to perform a free energy assessment in your home.
Heating and Cooling HVAC Energy Efficiency Tips
- Clean or replace your filters at least once a month. A dirty or bad filter makes your system work harder than necessary, using more energy.
- During warmer months like spring and summer, close blinds and drapes on the sunny side of your home. This allows your home temperature to stay cooler and reduces your AC workload.
- Freezers and refrigerators operate optimally when full, so fill up your freezers as full as possible. It’s important to find a balance, though – an overfilled freezer may lead to loss of airflow and makes your refrigerator work harder.
- One HVAC energy efficiency tip is to think thermostat. Set thermostats to 78 degrees during the summer for optimal savings. With each degree increase in the summer, this HVAC energy efficiency tip generates a 3-4 percent decrease in energy use.
Water Heating & Consumption HVAC Energy Efficiency Tips
- Regulate the temperature of your water heating system to the warm setting (120F). This helps you save energy and prevent scald injuries.
- Wait until your dishwasher is full before using it. An automatic dishwasher requires the same amount of electricity and hot water to wash both a partial and full load. This tip saves you money and reduces energy waste.
- Using your dishwasher and clothes dryer at night helps to reduce strain on the power grid during the peak hours.
- Check your faucets if you notice any leaking. A drop of water per minute wastes about 60 gallons of water per week.
General Home Maintenance HVAC Energy Efficiency Tips
- Schedule regular maintenance with your HVAC contractor to make sure your air conditioner or heat pump is operating efficiently and safely.
- Identify where energy is being wasted in your home. This is an advisable HVAC energy efficiency tip for homeowners concerned about saving energy and reducing energy bills.
- Use window treatments to reduce the level of heat loss/gain. Shutters and storm panels are great for reducing heat loss during hot months.
- Choose ENERGY STAR-labeled appliances equipment replacements throughout your home.
- Use foam weather-stripping to seal the attic hatch. Rubber or silicon tubing helps seal entry doors. Caulk is handy to seal small cracks and gaps around window frames.
- Seal leaks in your air ducts or vents to prevent conditioned air from escaping and increasing your energy bill.
Aeroseal Technology to Fix Leaks in Ductwork
For the best in leak prevention, we recommend Aeroseal technology. We’ve recently partnered with Aeroseal which allows us to seal your leaky ducts from the inside. Did you know 95 percent of homes have leaky ducts?
Duct cleaning is a great service, but if cracks are present, the clean won’t last long and conditioned air continues to escape. Dirt, dust and other debris from crawlspaces, attics and other parts of your home continue to be sucked into your house and the air you breathe.
Let us solve this problem for you with Aeroseal. The air in your home will be healthier, your HVAC equipment will run more efficiently, and your utility bills will drop. Why? Because you’re no longer paying to condition air which escapes from the leaks in the ducts. Call us for a free estimate.
Reach Out to Ray & Son for Better HVAC Energy Efficiency and Air Quality
Ray & Son Heating & Air Conditioning encourages you to put the above HVAC energy efficiency tips to use to save energy and reduce HVAC repair cost.
So if you are in Georgia and need the service of an HVAC maintenance company, please contact us right away for quick, affordable HVAC repair services. Our goal is to make your southern home as energy efficient and comfortable as possible!
We serve many communities around Nashville and Valdosta, Georgia, including Tifton, Willacoochee, Ray City, Douglas, Homerville, Lakeland, Adel and Enigma. You’ll also find our trucks en route to customers in Pearson, Alapaha, Stockton, Sparks, Lake Park, Ashburn, Naylor and more.