The new year is a time for making changes for the better! It coincides when sickness is also prevalent, making cleaner indoor air a priority for Georgia and Florida families. After a colder than normal winter for the south, it is time to consider a plan for furnace maintenance from Ray & Son – a furnace inspection performed by our skilled technicians will help to continually provide cleaner indoor air for better health, comfort and happiness indoors. You’re one phone call away from checking a resolution off your list!
Why Is Furnace Maintenance Important?
Furnace maintenance is critical to the health of your system and your home. Maintenance performed once a year for your furnace keeps wear and tear in check, verifies the system is working safety and removes obstacles causing poor performance and bad air quality.
With a furnace inspection and furnace maintenance, you’ll gain:
- Optimal performance and comfort, as the HVAC system is able to operate correctly to deliver correct, even temperatures throughout all living areas.
- Improved energy efficiency, as issues are corrected to eliminate energy burdens on the system. You’ll get the same great heating at a lower cost.
- Fewer breakdowns, as heating issues are caught and corrected during your furnace inspection. Skipping the furnace inspection allows issues to worsen, causing breakdowns likely to be more extensive and expensive to fix.
- Longer service life, as well-maintained HVAC systems typically last longer because they aren’t stressed or breaking down frequently.
What Happens During a Furnace Inspection?
Furnace inspections incorporate a thorough review of your system combined with furnace maintenance to restore proper functioning. Components of a furnace inspection include:
- Inspecting thermostat for proper communication with the furnace and correct temperature readings in the home.
- Reading voltage on motors and tightening electrical connections throughout the system to preserve safety and energy efficiency.
- Lubrication of bearings and moving parts to eliminate the friction wearing out components and increasing energy consumption.
- Inspecting condensate drain and clearing clogs to ensure moisture flows freely from the system to prevent humidity and moisture from building up in the system and home.
- Cleaning of furnace compartments and components to reduce stress and wear and tear.
- Inspect heat exchanger and burners, cleaning them to improve performance and ensuring these gas elements are working safely.
- Inspect flue system to ensure combustion byproducts are venting correctly from the system, eliminating exposure risks to carbon monoxide.
Indoor Air Quality Benefits from Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance also improves indoor air quality, helping your family breathe easily throughout the year. During a furnace inspection, your technician will change the air filter, providing your system the tool it needs to eliminate airborne contaminants. Your technician will also make sure air is moving properly through the system into your living areas and cycling back into the system, preventing stagnation and discomfort. The furnace’s flue system is checked to ensure byproducts such as carbon monoxide can safely escape the system and not back up into your home, where exposure is extremely dangerous.
Schedule your furnace inspection today with Ray & Son’s experienced furnace maintenance technicians. Let our family help your family achieve amazing indoor air quality for years to come!